Carpet cleaning is one task that is a regular challenge for homeowners. This is because there are a variety of different cleaning problems that can cause trouble for your carpet’s cleanliness. Spills and stains are some of the common occurrences and homeowners should know how to adapt to these situations so that they can solve the issue easily and effectively.
Spills are among the common problems that cause headaches for carpet owners and an example of a tough spill to deal with involves apple sauce. Apple sauce is really tasty and makes your food all the more delicious but accidentally spilling it on the carpet can be a nightmare. If you have inadvertently spilled some apple sauce on your carpet, follow the guide below to help you properly handle this problem.
• Quickly clear up the spilled apple sauce on your carpet by using a dull knife or a spoon to scoop it up. Just be cautious when you are doing this as spreading the apple sauce on other unaffected portions of the carpet is not uncommon. After you have cleared the carpet of as much of the excess spill, proceed to the next step.
• Use a cleaning solution that you can make by mixing a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid and a cup of warm water onto the stained portion of the carpet. The dishwashing liquid is really helpful in neutralizing the stain so that you can easily remove it with the next steps. After you are done applying a few drops of the cleaning solution on the stained area of the carpet, let it set for a few minutes before moving on to the next step.
• Grab a clean white cloth and then slowly blot the affected area of your carpet. Do this carefully as you don’t want to spread the stain any further on your carpet. Blot your way from the outer portion of the carpet moving inward for the best results.
• Repeat the previous step until you have removed as much of the apple sauce stain on your carpet. You may need to reapply some of the cleaning solution on the stain but eventually the latter will be gone after continuous blotting.
• After eliminating the stain, the last step that you need to accomplish is to flush out any unwanted residue on your carpet. Get a glass of clean water and then pour it onto the area you just cleaned. Then, use a clean rag to dry the area completely before using it again.