Dealing with carpet stains needs proper care and concern. Stains may be created due to different factors like wax, blood, vomit, food, ink, etc. Different types of stains require special care in the cleaning process. This article will give you an idea of dealing with various types of stains on the carpets.
1. Spot-clean the spills when it happens. Clean the solid matter. Then use a white paper or cloth to blot the spills thoroughly. Cover the area of the spill by using a thick cloth and leave it for one night. This will avoid the spreading of stains to other areas of the carpet. It also prevents the reappearance of stains.
2. Mild soap, club soda, and vinegar work well on stains. It is found that shaving cream can do wonders in stain removal. Just apply one drop on the stain, and see what is happening. But do not try to soak the carpet into the shaving cream solutions.
3. If your carpet is spilled with juice, ketchup, or any other food item, use a recommended stain remover.
4. If coffee or tea is spilled on your carpet, you can use your dish wash bar for the cleaning. You can also make use of a stain remover to get rid of the coffee/tea stain. Before using it, you should test the stain remover on the corner of your carpet. If the stain remover causes any color fading, avoid it using again.
5. For strong stains like blood, grease, or ink it is better to use brake cleaner. Break cleaner is a powerful cleaning chemical that will go deep into the carpet fibers and remove the stain effectively without leaving any residue. Baking soda is also useful in blood stain removal. Rub a paste of 6 tablespoons of baking soda and a half cup of water into the stained area. Baking soda is an emergency home remedy. Baking soda and vinegar are beneficial for removing odors also.
6. Strong stains on the carpet can also be removed by using steam cleaning. During steam cleaning, hot steam loosens the stains. After applying steam you can vacuum up the waste using a vacuum cleaner.
7. Candle wax stain is very common. You can remove the wax debris by using a hand, spoon, or plastic knife. Then place a brown paper on it and press it with a warm iron. Keep ironing till the wax gets melt. When the wax melts, it will stick to the brown paper.
8. Nail polish may stick on the carpet often. Nail polish remover will work in this case. Take some white paper and spill some remover on it. Gently rub the stain area with the paper. Blot the excess solution and wash it with water. Allow to dry the carpet without using any moisture.
9. Removing gum from the carpet is a challenging task. WD-40 can be used to remove the gum.
10. Stain of lipstick can be wiped out by applying Vaseline (petroleum jelly).
11. Alcohol is an excellent remover of pet stains.
12. Sodium Thiosulfate (photographic fixer) can be used against bleach stains.
13. Apply ice cubes for removing chewing gum
14. Dry cleaning is a good solution for strong stains. But due to the heavy use of chemicals, it may damage the carpet.