Use baking soda and vinegar for washing clothes; Use one-half cup of Eco-friendly Borax detergent and one-half cup of baking soda. (Since all washing machines are different, you might need to adjust these measurements slightly.) For the best results, begin by using lukewarm water for the soaking cycle, before washing the white clothes in hot water. TIP: At the end of the rinsing cycle I add one-third cup of white vinegar. This will perfectly sanitize your clothes and make them sparkling clean.
Use bicarbonate of soda and Vinegar to unclog a drain; To clean your drain, or unclog your sink:
1. Combine 2 tablespoons of baking soda and one-half cup of white vinegar.
2. Pour the mixture into the drain and let it stand for at least one-half hour.
3. Rinse with hot water, then add one-quarter cup of hydrogen peroxide into the drain and again let it stand.
4. Repeat as necessary, and when satisfied with the results, rinse a final time with hot soapy water.
Use baking soda for an odor-free refrigerator; Place an open box of b. soda in the refrigerator to remove unwanted odors.
Use it for cleaning pots and pans; Has something burned while cooking in your pot or pan? Add a little bicarbonate of soda to plain water in the soiled pot or pan and boil together. It will then be to rinse out the burnt remnants.
Use sodium bicarbonate to relieve an upset stomach; When you have a stomach ache, baking soda eases the digestive process. To one cup of water add one-half teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda. This will balance the acidity in your stomach, and relieve the discomfort.
Use baking soda as a cooking additive; some foods can benefit by being prepared with a little baking soda added. Try adding some to your tomato pasta sauce and notice that you will probably not suffer from severe heartburn later. Also, by adding baking a little baking soda while cooking meats or beans will help them cook more quickly.
Use baking soda for personal hygiene and beauty;
1. It is perfectly suited to clean hands and will make them soft and clean. First, wet your hands, sprinkle some bicarbonate of soda on them, then rub your hands together thoroughly before rinsing.
2. Whiten your finger- or toenails. To one pint of water add three tablespoons of product. Place your hands or feet in a basin and soak in this mixture for approximately one-quarter to one-half hour.
3. It can be used as a deodorant. Sprinkle a little in your shoes, before putting them on, or add some to your shoes overnight. Simply wipe clean and add more when needed.
4. It can Sanitize Combs, Brushes, Scissors, Sponges, and More Protecting yourself from fungi with baking soda. Place items in one quart of water mixed with 8 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda and let them soak overnight in the mix, rinse them thoroughly in the morning.
5. You can use it to treat insect bites by making a paste of it with water. It can reduce pain and puffiness.
6. For a safe and healthy way to rinse fruits and vegetables mix one quart of water with two tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda.
7. For softening bath water to help protect from skin damage add one cup of sodium bicarbonate to your bath.
8. To get your teeth white and clean first make a paste using baking soda and lemon juice and then brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes. Repeat this every week for bright, white teeth.
9. To remove dandruff, before washing your hair massage a handful of baking soda into your hair. After five minutes, rinse off and wash your hair as usual.
10. Wipe your windshield with it to repel rain.
11. Improve the smell of sponges by soaking them in baking soda and water.
12. Suck it in with your vacuum cleaner to remove the odor.
13. Freshen the air by mixing sodium bicarbonate with your favorite perfumed bath salts. Put the mixture in small sachet bags.
14. Restore stiff brushes by boiling them in a solution of 1/2 gallon of water, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and a cup of baking soda.
15. Put it under sinks and along basement windows to repel cockroaches and ants.
16. Scatter baking soda around flowerbeds to prevent rabbits from eating your veggies.
17. Sweeten your tomatoes by sprinkling baking soda on the soil around your tomato plants.
18. Sprinkle it onto your cat’s litter box to absorb the bad odor.
19. Sprinkle it on your pet’s comb or brush their fur and skin, to take away the smell.
20. Remove the fishy smell from your fillets by soaking the raw fish in a baking soda -1 teaspoon in a quart of water- for an hour inside the fridge.
21. Add a cup to the toilet along with a cup of vinegar, leave it for an hour, and then flush. It will clean the toilet and absorb the odor.
22. Combine it with water to make a paste for polishing stainless steel and chrome.
23. Remove scratches and crayon marks from vinyl floors and walls.
24. Clean garbage cans with them.
25. Use it to wash diapers.